Click to Chat
Our Grant Writer Has Uncovered These Grants For You
Click the links to get more information and to learn how to apply.
- Prevent Childhood Obesity - The Children's Obesity Fund supports nonprofits that increase awareness and understanding of how to raise healthy and happy children who live strong and active lives. Focus: education & prevention. Average award: Varies. Deadline: On-going.
- Community Programs Funded - Through its Community Grant Program, the Walmart Foundation supports initiatives focusing on hunger relief; healthy eating; sustainability; women's economic empowerment; and career opportunities. Maximum: $2,500. Deadline: December 31, 2015.
- Child Care Teachers - The Terri Lynne Lokoff/Children's Tylenol National Child Care Teacher Awards acknowledge the special dedication of individuals and will fund classroom enhancements. Grants are made to full-time childcare teachers currently employed in regulated programs. Maximum: $1,000. Deadline: January 4, 2016.
- Financial Assistance - The US Dept. of Health & Human Services helps nonprofits to create Individual Development Accounts for low-income people. Related activities may include financial education/coaching; asset-specific training, credit/debt counseling; tax credits/preparation assistance. Average award: $225,000. Deadline: October 13, 2015
- School Improvements - The Lowe's Toolbox for Education funds public schools (K-12) for facility enhancement/landscaping/clean-up projects. Indoor and outdoor projects may propose tutoring centers; art exhibitions; gardens; nature trails; playgrounds, etc. Maximum: $5,000. Deadline: October 16, 2015.
- Youth Education - The American Honda Foundation provides funds for youth education in science; technology; engineering; mathematics; environment; job training; and literacy. Grant range: $20,000 - $75,000. Deadline: November 1, 2015.
Here are Some More Great Grant Opportunities!
- Early Childhood Support - The Caplan Foundation funds research/materials/curricula development focusing on Early Childhood Welfare; Early Childhood Education/Play; and Parent Education. Target ages: newborns to 5-year olds. Grant size varies. Deadline: Rolling.
- Grants Target Careers/Hunger/Health - The Walmart Foundation State Giving Program focuses its giving on Career Opportunities; Hunger Relief; Healthy Eating. Also considered: addressing the unmet needs of low-income populations. Award range: $25,000-$250,000 (avg. $40,000). Deadline: Varies.
- Literacy Funds - The Dollar General Literacy Foundation funds nonprofits, libraries, and schools to teach reading/English language skills and high school equivalency test-prep. Adult Literacy, Family Literacy, Youth Literacy, Summer Reading, and Beyond Words grants are available. Award amounts and deadlines vary.
- Grief Counseling Grants - A Little HOPE supports organizations that provide bereavement support and grief counseling to youth experiencing the death of a loved one. A brief email starts the grant process. Deadline: Open.
- Inclusive Golf Supported - Funds from the National Alliance for Accessible Golf may be used to include/teach individuals with disabilities the game. Also considered: golf course/driving range access, adaptive equipment, and transportation to/from programming. Grant max is $20,000 (match required). Deadline: Rolling.
- Grants Support Secondary Education - The Arthur Vining Davis Foundation supports professional development for teachers of grades 9-12. Collaborations among colleges/universities, school districts, reform organizations, et al are encouraged. Projects should be replicable. Grant range: $100,000-$200,000. Deadline: On-going.
- UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation - The Foundation provides financial relief for families who have children with medical needs not covered or not fully covered by their commercial health plan. Grant funds are paid to the health care provider. Deadline: Rolling.
- Safeway Foundation - Priority areas are hunger relief (i.e. food banks); education (after school and fitness programs); health and human services (both research and direct medical services) and assisting people with disabilities (employment-related). Grant range: $10,000-$25,000. Deadline: Open.
- Cigna Health Grants - Promotes wellness by making health services available and affordable; expanding opportunities/tapping the talents of individuals; supporting community services that produce future leaders; and creating networks to address complex social challenges. Typical award: $5,000. Deadline: Rolling.